. . . for frantic shopping . . .
. . . hectic parties . . .
. . . mad dashes for last-minute Christmas gifts . . .
. . . eating too much food . . .
. . . family feuds . . .
. . .
. . . .
. . .
Or Not.
This is truly the most wonderful time of the year.
How could it not be when it is supposed to be a time specifically set aside to remember Him who gave us all, our Savior, Jesus Christ?
Last month, I set a goal to have all my Christmas shopping done before December.
You know what?
I only have a couple things left to finish and I'm done.
I know, it's December. But the point is, I am mainly done.
There won't be any mad dashes for me this year.
You know why I set that goal?
Because I wanted to spend my Christmas remembering.
Remembering a tiny baby, the King of Kings, born in a humble stable.
Remembering that our Lord of Lord's subjected Himself to the humblest of circumstances.
To things none of us would be willing to subject ourselves to.
Remembering that He did that because He loves us.
Remembering that His life was spent serving.
Remembering that He gave His life for all mankind - offered in the ultimate sacrifice of the
Atonement.
Remembering that He did that because He loves me.
Remembering Him.
May your Christmas season be full of Remembering.
From President Dieter F. Uchtdorf:
"Sometimes the most difficult things to see are those that have been right in front of us all along. . . . We who have heard the glorious message of the coming of the Son of God, we who have taken upon us His name and have covenanted to walk in His path as His disciples—we must not fail to open our hearts and minds and truly see Him."
"Can We See the Christ?", Liahona, Dec. 2010, 4–6
This is quite seriously one of the most precious little videos I've seen in a long time. It will be well-worth your time to watch and listen. Maybe keep a few tissues handy.
Just in case.
No comments:
Post a Comment