Our sweet little Liv is now four months old. I can't believe how fast time has been flying by! I think I have decided that the days will always go by faster than I can seem to keep up so I'd better just jump on and enjoy the ride!
Just a few fun things to note about Liv:
She now weighs 15 lbs 4 oz
25.5 inches long
She's in the 75th percentile for both weight and height.
Just a few fun things to note about Liv:
She now weighs 15 lbs 4 oz
25.5 inches long
She's in the 75th percentile for both weight and height.
| I found her like this one morning. She had successfully pulled her foot out of the foot part of her pj's and through a space between snaps. It really cracked me up! |
She loves her bouncy chair/jungle gym thingy. I really don't know what to call it. But she loves it! She'll play in it for a good half hour, which every mother knows, is a fantastic amount of time for a baby to be happily occupied with something!
Once I figure out how to post videos, I'll share one of her in her bouncy chair/jungle gym thingy. :)
| She will often be found sleeping like this if she can wiggle her arms out of her swaddle. She always lays on her side and pushes her head back as far as she can. |
Typical child, she loves to put things in her mouth. If an object ends up in her hand or near her face, it will soon meet the insides of her mouth.
She doesn't like the bottle but she kinda has to take it because she doesn't get enough food nursing. So eating can be a bit of a fight with her. We decided it's a learned behavior - in other words, she's not in pain or anything like that. It's just not what she wants. It is getting better but I still try to avoid feeding her in public. The worst thing is that everyone thinks we're abusing our child when we feed her because she screams and fights. *sigh* Thus begins everybody telling me what I'm doing wrong as a mother.
:P - that's how I feel about that.
| She's the master at getting her hands out of her swaddle. |
She just started rolling over! She rolled over for the first time on December 3 but that was kind of accidental. Then Saturday, December 4, we were at my grandparents' house and we put her on the floor {for some much needed stretching and alone time} and she began rolling from her back to her stomach then from her stomach to her back. Over and over. She tends to only roll in one direction so it's always just back and forth for now but it won't take her long to discover how to roll on the other side.
| In her snowsuit. Cute, huh? :) |
She is getting more and more social. She loves her daddy and her uncles {my brothers}. Every time she sees them, she smiles so big. She also loves talking to them but she won't talk if there is too much going on.
| Four Months old! |
She also loves to look at herself in the mirror. Since we have lovely mirrors on the bedroom ceiling, she just loves laying on the bed and talking to herself. It's really quite fun to watch!
| She likes to grab her toes - especially when she's in her Bumbo! |
November was a pretty busy month for us. Between me working a couple hours each week {more on that later}, five dentist appointments {three of which were mine . . . and we all know how I feel about going to the dentist}, almost ten full days away from home, Livie and I both going through the flu and then colds {I gave her the flu and then right after we were both recovered from that she gave me a cold}, and one doctor appointment for Liv, we have just stayed plenty busy! Today we are cleaning and catching up from being gone this past weekend. The house is a mess and there are plenty of things to do, but I'm gonna make time this week for this lovely blog because I've got things to share. Stay tuned! :D
Also check out my cooking blog in the next few days because I've got some great recipes coming up!
7 comments:
So cute! sorry I've been such a flake lately. can't wait to play with her this week =)
Four months wow!!! She sure is cute!
Sorry about the eating issues, it is frustrating when they won't eat.
I loved four month old babies...and I personally think they just keep getting more and more fun as they get older!
That is how Eden used to sleep! I loved it. Funny our babies are the same size almost and they are 6 months apart! Eden is soo tiny!
About the nursing thing, I didn't like to nurse in public either. It isn't that I am appalled by people who do do it, but for me it is just easier to give her a bottle than fuss with the nursing cover and my clothes and everything else. So keep it up woman! She will get the hang of it!
And who cares what others say. They can say what they want but you know your baby best and what she needs and what works for her so you keep on doing what your doing.
Tara: our biggest issue is that I don't produce enough milk for her so she has to have the bottle to supplement. I've tried everything {supplements, water, pumping - nothing is working} but she just gets impatient when the milk slows down and she won't suck hard enough to keep going. So she gets nursed {it's getting bad enough that she nurses for about five minutes and then there's nothing left} and then a bottle but she never wants the bottle - especially after nursing - so she fights it. And then I get family trying to figure out why she is fighting it so badly and telling me everything I need to do or try. As if I haven't tried everything already. :P Anyway, we are trying to be persistent!
It was great to see all the pictures! And you are not doing anything wrong as a mother...David was a fighter when it came to eating too. And because I naturally stress and tense up it didn't make nursing too easy. But I didn't give up and we made it until at least 6 or 7 months. Hopefully it will be better with my future babies. At least she is 75 percent for weight! She must be getting enough of whatever you give her.
She looks a lot like Dan in these pics! Such a cutie!
I love all your pictures!
Olivia is still a little ahead of Megan. I'm sure Megan will catch up soon, but for now she is 14 lbs 6 oz and 23.75 inches tall. So fun to see the girls together.
Post a Comment