We've been postponed in finding out the gender of this baby. This morning I had a problem which necessitated an immediate work-in appointment at the dr's office - waiting until my scheduled appointment tomorrow wasn't okay, I guess. They did an ultrasound to look at the placenta and anything else that could have caused the problem and the dr did an exam. The dr said that everything looks like it will be okay, but I have to go back next week for a follow-up, just to make sure. The ultrasound tech could have told me today what the gender was, but I wanted to wait until Dan could be there {he was tied up and couldn't come with me to this sudden appointment}. I tried not to look too closely so I wouldn't discover by accident {not that I'd be able to actually read anything on that screen, anyway!} but the ultrasound tech must have had a good shot because she asked me if she should tell me today or if she should wait. I told her to wait and she just smiled and said okay. I think she could tell that I was anxious to know but also knew I wanted to wait so Dan could be there too. So at the follow-up appointment next week they will do another ultrasound to determine the gender of the baby {and check everything again, of course}. The tech was really nice and printed out a great profile of the baby. It looked so cute all curled up in a little ball! {I'd show you the photo but I seem to have a problem with the scanner.} It's kind of disappointing to have to wait another week . . . especially since I've been counting down the days, but oh, well. I should just know better than do any kind of "count-down" where a baby is concerned, right? :) The baby looked really good - was moving around a lot and had a good, strong heart beat.
I also had to have a shot in addition to the ultrasound and exam. Apparently I have the Rh- factor so they had to give me a Rhogam shot in case the baby has a + factor and the bleeding causes some kind of blood-crossover. I guess the shot is supposed to keep me from building up antibodies against the baby - which is an extremely good thing! It makes me grateful that we have the science to help with this kind of problem. My hip is a little sore from that {I'm really glad it's only one shot instead of the series of four it used to be!} but at least now we know the baby will fine in that arena.
So . . . another 7 days of waiting . . . . . . . . . . . . .
oops ... I'm counting again!
7 comments:
oh i hope everything is okay.
take it easy friend.
I have the Rh- factor too. Thankfully Ethan had a negative as well because I HATE needles. We're excited to find out what it is! You are almost there!
Good thing you didn't look too close. You'd be surprised how easy it is to read the boy stuff! Hang in there, Jess. -brian
Glad to hear everything is okay. Darn it all I was looking forward to when you found out...well here's to next week!! :o)
I'm glad everything is okay! Have you been taking belly shots? Do you have a belly to take shots of?
I'm sorry you had to do an emergency appointment! I hope everything stays ok... I'm sure that was a little worrisome! Let me know if I can do anything for you! PS... I'm Rh-, too! Although with the shots, I always take it in the arm. It doesn't hurt that bad, plus I'm a wimp when it comes to hip shots. We can't wait to hear what you're having!
Well I am glad everything looked to be ok, but it is no fun to have any sort of problem or complication at
all! I am also Rh-. I had to get a shot both times before and after since both girls were +. Can't wait to hear about gender of baby :)
Post a Comment