
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yeah, yeah - I'm behind. I know. I won't give any excuses - you've already heard them all before . . . I think. But here's my {late} menu for the week, including next week's Monday meal since we won't be here on Monday.
Meal Highlight: The highlight for me was definately the Bowtie Chicken Caesar Salad. So yummy! I highly recommend it - and it even tasted pretty good the next day!
Monday: Salmon Patties with rice and peas
Tuesday: Glazed mini meatloaves with potatoes and salad
Wednesday: Garlic Chicken Pasta w/Spinach
Thursday: Leftover Smorgasbord
Friday: Ward BBQ - take dessert - Lemon Dreams
Saturday: In Clifton
Sunday: In Clifton
Monday: I-HOP French Toast
Other goodies I plan to make this week:
Lemon Dreams
Check out my cooking blog - Cucina di Harwood where I will be sharing these and other great recipes soon!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you read this post about Mother's Day, you know I decided that in each post for the whole month of May I would highlight a woman who has made a difference in my life. These highlights are not made in any particular order of importance; the point is that these women have helped shape me into who I am today and they deserve to be highlighted with a little feature. If any of my highlights remind you of a special woman in your life, please comment and let us know who it is! I would love to hear your own little highlights and I'm sure the women in your life would appreciate it as well!
Woman Highlight:
Cassa Fox {I can't seem to find any good pics . . . Cassa, you should post some on your blog . . . I know I have some somewhere I just can't find them}
I would say that Cassa is pretty much my best friend from college. We met in the summer of 2006 {the summer I got married} when we were in the same aural skills class. I knew who she was but I didn’t ever really talk to her until fall semester, when she became my accompanist because I couldn’t find one anywhere! She rescued me and we became fast friends. She helped me get through that tough semester – which was really tough for me – and we grew very close. We ended up taking almost all the same classes at the same time {sometimes even by accident – English 311 was pretty much amazing!} and we were always calling and messaging and meeting up so we could help one another study and bury ourselves further into the music program. She really helped me get through a few of my tough times at college. I was devastated when she moved away and got married {obviously still not over that friend, sorry! – though Taylor just about makes up for it!}, but we still remained friends, e-mailing and “facebooking” and calling and chatting – she’s still pretty much one of my best friends! Oh, where would I be without my Cassa friend?
2 comments:
Jessica friend you are so sweet!!!!!! I needed you in college to keep me centered and focused. I miss you so much. I am glad Taylor and I could come and see you before we move. Love you friend!
I'm so glad you were able to come see me before you moved too! It had already been forever since I had seen you and it would have been even longer if you hadn't come before you moved! And I needed you in college too, my friend! Always knowing I had someone I could turn to was a comfort to me - and just having a real, true friend. That was more than I could have ever asked for. I miss you too, friend. Good luck with the move. Wish I could be there to help. I luv ya, friend!
Post a Comment