Sunday, August 3, 2014

Reading

My children love books. And I love that they love books! I think books are the greatest and have a to-read list that is hundreds long and growing. When I was growing up I always had a book in my hand. I remember my dad getting irritated with me on family trips because I would read books the whole time. He'd tell me I should be enjoying the scenery—but I was! The scenery of a beautiful story! No one could tear me away from a book. Even still I almost always have a book with me. Even if I'm not sure I'll have the time to read it, I take it with me wherever I go. Plus, I've discovered how to check out audio books on my iPod so I can listen to books when I'm doing dishes or weeding the garden. I love books! 
So it's pretty awesome to me that my children love books, too. We've made it a habit to go to the library for story time every week. And each week we are there we bring home a backpack full of new books. I have reached my checkout limit on my library card more than once just from checking out books for the kids. If my kiddos are sad for any reason we can almost always make them happy by reading them books. I've even read to Livie a couple of chapter books (Junie B. Jones is funny even to a 4-year-old!) and she loves them! 
But something that we love even more than the fact that they like to read books? When they read books side-by-side without fighting. Ah. That is pure bliss!  :)

No comments: