Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Having a Few Visitors

My little sis and her hubby and positively adorable baby came and visited us in June. It was so much fun to have them here!

We went to a classic car show where we saw some seriously awesome cars {and a few hot rods, too - you can tell by the pictures which ones I liked best} and I got a sunburn on my feet . . .
 
 
 
played black light miniature golf where my sister tried 13 times to get the ball in the last hole and went bowling which Livie thought was both awesome and boring and ate pizza . . .
 
 
 
 
 

tried out the Carousel {Livie is a huge fan and is always asking to ride "neigh"} and the Splash Park . . .
 
 
 

talked lots and lots, went to the Farmer's Market, and took hundreds of pictures!
 
 
We had such a fun time with them and I'm so glad they came. I really wish they weren't so far away. I think they need to come more often. ;)


We learned when they were here that Livie really likes to be helpful with babies. Anything my sister did for her sweet little boy, Livie was there to help out with. She enjoyed helping change diapers, give him toys, feed him with a spoon and even try to help when it came time for nursing. We're thinking that this probably gives us an idea of how she will be when her baby brother makes his arrival. I'm sure I'll have to keep a close on eye on him {or her, depending on how you look at it} so his sister doesn't try to be too helpful. :)



This is pretty much how their relationship works. She tries to help or play and he gets frustrated and screams until she goes away. She adores him but I'm not sure the feeling is 100% mutual. :)


No comments: