 |
| She often crawls into things and then gets stuck. At least this time she thought it was funny! |
I cannot believe how quickly my baby girl is growing up. Almost every night Dan and I marvel at how quickly the time has gone by and how much she changes every single day. That is one of the most amazing things about childhood. Everything is new to them. What is to me an old, every day occurrence, something that just happens, is to her a beautiful, amazing thing. Something to be admired, examined and sought after. I learn a lot by seeing the world through her eyes.
 |
| Pretty smiles! |
 |
| She's getting so big! |
 |
| She is so curious and it takes all I can do to get her to look at the camera! |
She
loves solid foods! She has tried carrots, sweet potatoes, peas, green beans, squash and mixed veggies and rice and oatmeal cereal. She really likes everything we've given her but her favorite is sweet potatoes. If we make two things, say peas and sweet potatoes, we have to be sure to give her the peas first. If she eats the sweet potatoes first, she will refuse to eat anything else. We've also started giving her a sippy cup with water at each meal and in between meals, and I think she likes it. However, if she is very hungry and you give her that sippy cup with water, she will get so mad at you that it isn't milk!
 |
| She got her first taste of water on her seven month birthday. |
 |
| This is when she wasn't feeling good. Poor sick baby. |
She is crawling, crawling, crawling everywhere! She started officially crawling about a week before her seven month birthday. She loves it. She is always so excited to get to where she wants to be as quick as she can now move. It's so fun to watch her get excited and move so fast! She does have a couple of funny quirks, though. When she is crawling, she will occasionally stop and lift up on her feet so she's on her hands and feet. It is funny to me that she tends to do this when she is anxious and in a hurry to get to where she is going. It's funny because it completely stops her from moving so you would think she wouldn't want to do it. The other funny quirk is that when she gets close to her desired destination, she actually drops to her belly and completes the trip by scooting the rest of the way. Really cracks me up!
 |
| Not the best pic but a good example of pushing herself up on her feet when she's crawling. |
 |
| I have no idea how she gets herself wrapped up like this but it sure cracks me up! |
She has also recently discovered the joys of a walker. Let me tell ya, this girl likes to move! I don't know how this mommy is going to come up with the energy to keep up with her when she gets older! I'm pretty sure she's gonna skip walking and just go straight to running because she can move faster that way! She really loves her walker and is always so happy to be moving around. She can even move on the carpet, which I think is saying something.
 |
| She also did this one all on her own. And she was sick in this photo as well. But she was so happy! |
 |
| This is the face she makes when she goes is cooing. |
She had her first ear infection this past month. It was not a fun thing to deal with. I'm a little worried that it hasn't completely gone away because she keeps rubbing her ears. I'm not sure if that means the infection is still there or if she just likes to rub them. I don't have any clues! She doesn't get cranky when she's sick {only a little tired and maybe a little clingy if she's
really sick} and she didn't get a fever at all when she had her infection! I had no clue that her cold/virus had turned into something worse until we took her to the doctor. But the only reason we took her to the doctor was because she had not gotten better after a week and had started a cough. Sometimes I feel like a clueless parent that I didn't notice and yet, how am I supposed to know? *sigh* The guessing game of parenting is not so much fun. Anyway, she does seem to be better now, so that's good.
5 comments:
What a fun post! I can't believe how big she is! She is such a good mix between the two of you. Hope to meet her in person soon!
oh my goodness Jessie! i cant believe it! IT seems to go even faster when i go months with out seeing you! (cant really count Tiffs wedding, Since amber had her most the time lol) This makes me wish closer so i could see all this!! She is so cute and getting so big! Well i will be seeing her on her 8th month! Hope its okay for me to stay there the first weekend in April??
I cannot believe she is 7 months! Wow time sure does fly! She is getting so big. Glad that her and Dan are feeling better. I agree with you...the guessing game is no fun at all.
Isn't just amazing the little things they do that get you so excited!!! :)
It is hard when you are not sure how to help. But lots of love is always good. Just follow your instincts and get down on your knees!
So cute! What a fun age :)
Post a Comment