So, you all remember the case of the disappearing tulips? Well the mystery has been solved {actually, it was solved a while ago . . . I’m just slow getting around to this} and now I’m going to tell you what happened to them.
My downstairs neighbor has three adorable children. Since the weather has been warming up, they’ve been going out more often. Well, this neighbor of mine replied to one of my blog posts and this is what she said:
"Confession time: My boys picked that tulip you were watching so carefully - they thought that 'Mommy needed a flower as pretty as she was' I was so sad about her being picked, and I immediately gave a lesson about flowers being the most beautiful when left for all the enjoy....I hope that they got it....in the meantime, I am trying to keep an eye out for the others"
How cute is that!?! How can I think the tale a sad one when these little boys so adorably wanted to give something to their mommy that was “just as pretty as she is”?? I was overwhelmed with the cuteness {I’m sure those boys will appreciate that someday!! :-) } and as far as I’m concerned, those boys can have all the flowers around this complex to give to their mommy!
3 comments:
that is adorable!!!! i remember doing the same for my mom... of course, along with all the neighbors' tulips and daffodils, she also got a healthy dose of dandelions. :)
That is cute. I hope you guys are doing well. You are so good about posting!
Thank you both for your comments! I also loved this story. It just makes your heart melt when kids show their affection for their mothers.
Obviously I'm not as good as posting as I ought to be - but I'm getting better all the time!
Post a Comment