If you are anything like me, you’ve heard of people doing this but never really figured out yourself and no one told you how! I get annoyed when I read a blog and they say, “Guess what?! I just figure out to do _____!” But then they don’t tell you how to it. So Annoying. And since I finally figured it out, I’m gonna share with you {Note: these are instructions are specific to Blogger – if you have a different blog host, I can’t help you. Sorry}.
After you have created your post, look just below the text box {and above the “Post Now” and “Save Now” buttons} – you should see a link that says “Post Options.” Click on that link and it will open a little section under your text box. There, it will say the date and time your post will be set at. You can change that date and time to whatever works for you. After your post date and time is set, click on the “Post Now” button. If you’ve set your post to be posted at a later date, then in the “Edit Posts” category it will say “scheduled” next to the title. If you’ve set your post for a past date, it will post right away next to all the other posts closest to that date.
This particular knowledge is helpful if you start a post and save it without publishing it. If you come back later and finish the post and then publish it, it will be posted as the date and time you originally drafted the post. That was annoying to me. However, now you know how to change the date on all those old posts that you never got around to posting. Or if you really want to post something next Tuesday but you know you won’t have any time to do it then, write your post now and schedule it to post on Tuesday. Blogger automatically makes sure your post is taken care of.
It’s a beautiful thing.
1 comment:
Thanks for the idea.
Post a Comment