Sunday, November 2, 2008
African Children's Choir
Last night Dan and I went to an amazing concert where the African Children's Choir sang. It was absolutely incredible. I was riveted the entire time to the stage and to these children. The African Children's Choir was created back in 1984 (I think) and the creators targeted children who may otherwise have had no future because they didn't have parents, their parents couldn't take care of them, or their families couldn't afford to give them a proper education. So these children are chosen to sing in the choir and then they are given the chance to a quality education and a better chance to getting into high schools (which are apparently highly competitive and expensive in Africa) and further education. It is wonderful to me that someone noticed that the biggest need of these people wasn't money - it was education. And then they found ways to provide what was needed to these children. How amazing! It was a powerful and inspiring concert . . . and made me want to move to Africa to teach! :D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Africa huh? Well - at least it would be warm.
and hey - that's me nikki, posting up there as nichole :)
Thank you for that clarification! I think sometimes I am so "obtuse" (to steal a word just used by my friend on another post)!
Yes, it would be warm. But that is probably the biggest reason I couldn't really move there. I can bearly stand Idaho heat ... Africa would probably kill me. :D I just think it's great for people to make a difference - and to make a difference for those who actually care. That's amazing ...
Amen sister!! Stuff like that makes me feel like serving a mission...its the closest I'll ever get to changing lives
Post a Comment