Monday, October 13, 2008

Yellowstone

Dan and I went to Yellowstone Park Friday and Saturday and 4th and 5th and it was really a lot of fun! It was nice on Friday and then Saturday it was cold and rainy, but we still had a good time with each other and listening to conference intermittently.
Friday we left Rexburg around 8 and drove down to Jackson, Wy. I had never been there and so we decided to go there. We shopped around town there a bit and ate lunch and then hit the road again to head to Yellowstone National Park. We drove through Teton National Park and saw some beautiful views of the Tetons and surrounding area. We got some great pictures in that park (some of the best from our whole trip, actually) and we both really loved to see the scenery. It was amazing! God is the best artist there has ever been!
When we got to Yellowstone we stopped at Grant Village to see what it was like. There really wasn't much there so we went on our way. On our way to Old Faithful Geyser we stopped at Kepler Falls and took a couple pictures there. I love waterfalls! Then we went to Old Faithful, and we got there right after the geyser had just erupted!! So we waited around for 90 minutes just to see the geyser going off. It was really neat, so I'm glad we got to see it. Nature is amazing - to think that geyser just goes off almost like clockwork! Wow! After Old Faithful it was pretty late and we were hungry so we went pretty well straight to West Yellowstone where we stayed in a hotel and had dinner.
Saturday we headed out to go see the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone National Park. On our way there we stopped at the Artists Paintpots and enjoyed the amazing-ness of nature once more. Then we got to Grand Canyon of Yellowstone and were just blown away by the beauty of it! So amazing! I'm glad we went there. After walking around a bit and taking lots of pictures, we decided we needed to head back so Dan could make it to the Priesthood Session of Conference, so we turned around and went back the way we had gone. On our way back home, we stopped to take a few pics of bison and of Gibbon Falls. We then listened to the afternoon session of conference on the way home.
It was a great trip and we had such a fun time! I love doing things with my husband!

Here are some pics we took while on our trip. I've added two different slide shows here: one is of general pictures taken while on the trip and one is dedicated primarily to Old Faithful Geyser.



Old Faithful:

1 comment:

Nikki said...

I love taking weekend trips like that. My most favorite parts of the trips are all the quaint little hotels and bed and breakfasts. We did this one time when we lived in GA. We had my mom watch Katie while we headed 90 minutes North to Tennessee. We stayed on Lookout Mountain, in a quaint little bed and breakfast place. Instead of everyone having a room, everyone had their own little cottage! Oh, just thinking about it makes me want to do it again sometime...
I am glad you guys had such a fun weekend!