Dentist: "What?"
Me, feeling very claustrophobic: "I can't breath!"
Dentist (not very nicely): "Breathe through your nose!"
They then resumed working. I wasn't very happy.
I hated the dentist ever since.
In fact, I fought going to the dentist for the rest of my life, including when I got married and my wonderful husband said, "Sweetie, it's time for my dental check-up. You should get an appointment too."
I protested - rather loudly, as a matter of fact. But in the end, my wonderful hubby won and I went to the dentist. And when I went, I discovered something new: not all dentists are evil and intent on making you unable to breathe.
Well, this morning I had another dental check-up. My conversation with the dentist this morning went something like this:
Dentist walks in room after dental hygienist had cleaned my teeth. "How are you doing today?"
"I am doing well, thank you." I replied before he started poking my mouth with his instruments. I'm doing better than the last time you saw me, I thought to myself. Now you must understand that the last time he saw me, I was still complaining about occasional pain I experienced after my wisdom teeth extraction three months previous. After that experience I looked like this:
Scary, I know. I hurt so badly after that experience that the strongest pain killer the dentist gave me didn't even work. Pure misery.
Then after a bit of small talk about school, the dentist told me that my mouth looked much better than he had ever seen. What a compliment! ;)
And now, I am happy to report that I only have two cavities - not 15 like last year (that was terrible). And today after my appointment, I still look like myself (which is even better than only having 2 cavities)!
Oh, and I don't hate the dentist anymore.
But that doesn't mean I have to enjoy it. :D
6 comments:
Stickers?!? How sweet! So, are you planning on moving after you student teach? I would, if I were you, rumor is, the kids are sticking around....:)
Thanks so much....I think you are amazing. You are always smiling, never upset, and just plain awesome! Bryce and I never see each other, so surprisingly, every night is an "alone" night for me. After the kids go to bed, I have the whole house to myself usually till midnight. Bryce just got promoted today to Night Manager at Broulims, so he may not get home until 1 AM some nights...it gives me good time to do homework, and keep the house clean!!! If you need anything, just let me know.
Yes, stickers. I suppose I can live with the dirty prints and spit smears, but I wasn't happy about the stickers. Dan said I should go talk to the parents ... but I didn't. I'm not 100% sure anything would happen. And we aren't really planning on moving until we get a house or leave the city - which may be a while. I was here first . . . and I'm sure my living conditions are more comfortable than theirs. :D
So Bryce is Night Manager? I worked at Broulim's once, for 2-1/2 years. But I worked in Rigby so the latest I ever had to work was 11pm. And I wasn't ever a manager. I hope that works out for him. The Broulim's can be interesting people to work for. I guess that is good time to do homework.
What classes are you taking this semester? You said you have 17 credits? I just can't even imagine that! I never could have done that on this short semester ... I admire you. Wow. Good luck! Thanks for being such a great neighbor!
um, lets see...I'm taking New Testament, Advanced Writing, Biology 100, Children's Lit, Drama, and ED 200: actually, I really like all my classes, the load can sometimes be heavy, but for the most part I am surprised at how easy it has been so far...Now watch, since I just said that everything is gonna go beserk! :)
I have to ask, have the downstairs neighbors always been this way? or has it been the more recent additions that have thrown the whole complex into chaos?
That is a lot of classes. Who are you taking Ed 200 from? I remember taking that class. Crazy how time flies. Not that this helps, but I noticed that whenever I had a crazy semester I tried (as much as possible) to get ahead on assignments (particularly reading assignments) and then I wouldn't go as crazy. For example, I would do all my reading and assignments for religion classes on Sunday for the following week and then not have to worry about that class at all. It helped me.
Downstairs neighbors always been what way? Getting up early? Yes. At least now they have a car that actually starts so you don't wake up at 6:30 am to the terrible grinding noises of their old vehicle.
Never paying attention to their children who play rampantly in and around everything they probably shouldn't and no one stops them? Yes.
Letting their children ring the doorbell and bug you to death about your children going to play (even if you don't have any children)? Yes.
Although, it seems that all those things intensified this summer. Part of that could be because it got warm and the kids could play outside more (they weren't out as much in the winter); part of that could be because the little boy got old enough to follow his sisters footsteps; part of it could be that new kids moved into two of the upstairs apartments and they suddenly had more children to influence. I don't know. But yes, that little girl has always been kind of annoying. It's terrible to say ... but I don't always think nice things about her (or her parents). I should probably go repent . . .
Oh Jess - you crack me up! I am downstairs cracking up at the moment!! I love the internet, it allows freedom of speech without others overhearing...:) And, if you need to repent, then I most definetly (sp?) need to repent. I have thought awful things (about them)since the day I moved in.
I am taking ED200 from Lorie Rawlings. I really like her, she is a great teacher and suprisingly, I could see us being really good friends. For a long time I thought that might be wrong, you know, crossing student teacher boundaries, but then I realized we are both adults, and I can be friends with whoever I want! So, all in all, I love it!
I spent my summer break reading as much as I could so that helps a lot - it's trying to find the time to do stuff at home, but I am beginning to figure it out!
Can you believe that midterms are in 2 weeks?!? You are so close to graduating!! Are you thinking about a party? Bryce and I are already thinking about taking the kids to Disneyworld to celebrate! And I still have 4 semesters.
Well, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who struggles with those neighbors. Really, though, I don't remember seeing hardly anything of them in the winter. Maybe it'll be same this year.
I'm glad you like your class. Everyone I've talked to either liked it or didn't like it. I took that class from Sister Dana Johnson and I really liked her. She has been beyond helpful for me. She helped me write my letter for student teaching and helps me with all kinds of questions. And I'm glad you decided you could be friends with whomever you chose! That is very important! And oh, when you take Reading in the Content Area (which every ed. major has to take), take it from Sister Lynda Hawkes (I think that's how she spells her first name). She is amazing and I haven't heard much of anything good from people who took it from the other professor. Just a tip for you.
No, I can't believe I am so close. It's surreal, honestly - one of those moments you don't ever really think will happen and then suddenly, it's upon you! I am so excited! And no, we haven't really talked about a party. For me, it would be a real celebration to just be able to stay home and not have homework. That would be nice! But I should think about someway to celebrate ... how fun would that be?? :D
Post a Comment